- Tiffany Wu
- Ph.D. Student
- B.S., Engineering Physics,
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Current project(s):
- Co-advised with Dr. Alex Plotkowski, Staff Scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory and
Dr. Ryan Dehoff, Deposition Science and Technology Group Leader, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Phone: 847.467.5416
- Email: TiffanyWu2024@northwestern.edu
- Address: 2220 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
I am Taiwanese born in Texas and grew up in China. I did my undergraduate study at UIUC and was in Professor Krogstad's group researching corrosion resistance on aluminized pipeline steel. I did a short exchange at Kyushu University in Japan and worked on molecular dynamics simulations for ionic diffusivity in Lanthanum Oxyflouride. I am a huge fan of Japanese manga and I draw a lot of anime fanart.
At Northwestern, I am working on additive manufacturing of eutectic aluminum-cerium alloys.
- P. P. Shetty, R. Zhang, B. Haire, C. S. Smith, L. M. Kenny, T. Wu, P. Quayle, P. V. Braun, J. A. Krogstad (2019). Effect of surface chemistry and roughness on the high temperature deposition of a model asphaltene. Energy & Fuels, 33(5), 4104-4114. doi: 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.9b00386