- Visiting graduate student
- Professor Yaping Wang in Xi’an Jiaotong University
- Phone: 847.491.5888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2220 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
- B.S., Optoelectronics, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
I am a PhD candidate in Xi’an Jiaotong University. My research focuses on silver based composites and their application in electrical contacts such as the relay, contactor, and breaker. I study the relationship between the microstructure and various properties like anti-welding, workability and arc erosion resistance. Now I am a visiting scholar at Northwestern University and will research the sintering process of silver based alloy and composite based on the extruded 3D printing technology. I shall evaluate the electrical properties of the materials and their relationship with the microstructure and sintering process.
I was born and spent my childhood in Liaoyang, a city in northeastern China. As 10 years old, I moved to Shenzhen, a city in southeastern China until entering the university. I spent 4 years in Chengdu, the central city of southwestern China, for my bachelor degree. Then I went to Xi’an, the key city of northwestern China. I lived in 4 cities which represents the most area in China, and am attracted by the diversity of charming people and cultures. Here in Northwestern University, I expect a remarkable experience with the culture and people in the US, which may help us to understand more about each other in the future.
- Chen P, Liu W, Wang Y. Electrical Contact Characteristics of Ag-SnO2 Materials with Increased SnO2 Content. Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology. 2017 Nov;12(6):2348-52.