Muath Mohammed Al Malki
- Ph.D. Student
- Co-advised with Prof. Jeffrey Snyder
- Phone: 847.467.5416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2220 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals, KFUPM
I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. I did my bachelorís in aerospace engineering (2012) from King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals, KFUPM. After that, I decided to pursue my interest in materials and obtained my masters in Materials Science and Engineering from the same school (2015). Since then and before joining Northwestern, I worked as a lecturer in the mechanical engineering department at KFUPM, teaching the introductory material science course.
My research during masters was centered on developing hard materials for wear resistance applications with a focus on reducing the manufacturing costs. Currently, Iím interested on studying the impact of creep on the performance of thermoelectric properties.
- 1- Hakeem, A. S., Khan, R. M. A., Al-Malki, M. M., Patel, F., Bakare, A. I., Ali, S., ... & Laoui, T. (2014). Development and processing of SiAlON nano-ceramics by Spark Plasma Sintering. In Advances in Science and Technology (Vol. 89, pp. 63-69). Trans Tech Publications.
- Khan, R. M. A., Al Malki, M. M., Hakeem, A. S., Ehsan, M. A., & Laoui, T. (2016). Development of a single-phase Ca-a-SiAlON ceramic from nanosized precursors using spark plasma sintering. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 673, 243-249.
- Al Malki, M. M., Khan, R. M. A., Hakeem, A. S., Hampshire, S., & Laoui, T. (2017). Effect of Al metal precursor on the phase formation and mechanical properties of fine-grained SiAlON ceramics prepared by spark plasma sintering. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 37(5), 1975-1983.
- Ahmed, B. A., Hakeem, A. S., Laoui, T., Khan, R. M. A., Al Malki, M. M., Ul-Hamid, A., ... & Bakhsh, N. (2017). Effect of precursor size on the structure and mechanical properties of calcium-stabilized sialon/cubic boron nitride nanocomposites. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 728, 836-843.
- Ahmed, B. A., Hakeem, A. S., Laoui, T., Al Malki, M., Ehsan, M. A., & Ali, S. (2018). Low-temperature spark plasma sintering of calcium stabilized alpha sialon using nano-size aluminum nitride precursor. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 71, 301-306.
- Hakeem, Abbas Saeed, Tahar Laoui, Moath Mohammad Almaliki, Awais Muhammad Raja Khan, and Faheemuddin Patel. "SiAlON ceramics and a method of preparation thereof." U.S. Patent 9,764,988, issued September 19, 2017.
- Hakeem, Abbas Saeed, Tahar Laoui, Moath Mohammad Almaliki, Awais Muhammad Raja Khan, and Faheemuddin Patel. "Method of forming ceramic material containing aluminum particles." U.S. Patent Application 15/610,770, filed September 21, 2017.