- Alex Pröschel
- Ph.D. Student
- B.S.E, Material Science in Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Physics, University of Pennsylvania
- Current project(s):
- Phone: 847.467.5416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2220 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
I am from Rochester NY and did my undergraduate studies at the University of Pennsylvania. There I completed a dual degree program focused on energy research in Professor Detsi's group. My research was primarily focused on the energy applications of nanoporous materials. More specifically, I investigated the photocatalytic properties of nanoporous gold via localized plasmonic heating as well as ultra-high-rate energy storage in nanoporous gold/silver oxide composites.
In the Dunand group, I am working on 3D printing of thermoelectric materials for high temperature applications.
- Alexander Pröschel, Joel Chacko, Richard Whitaker, Mavis Athene U Chen, and Eric Detsi. "Visible Light Plasmonic Heating-Enhanced Electrochemical Current in Nanoporous Gold Cathodes" Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 166 (4) H146-H150 (2019). DOI: 10.1149/2.0601904jes