- Dr. Jovid Rakhmonov
- Post-Doctoral Researcher
- Ph.D., Metallurgical Engineering, University of Padua
- Current project(s):
- Phone: 847.467.5416
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2220 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
I obtained my B.S. and M.S. degrees in materials engineering from Tashkent State Technical University in 2010 and 2012, and during these studies, I have been an exchange student at RWTH Aachen University (3 months) and Berlin Technical University (6 months). My M.S. degree thesis was on reducing the occurrence of casting defects in low carbon steel blooms/slabs produced by continuous casting process through the optimization of melting, melt treatment and casting processes. I then worked for General Motors Powertrain - Uzbekistan for over 2 years as Quality Control Engineer - Foundry. In 2014-2018 years, I pursued my PhD in metallurgical engineering at University of Padua, Italy, and then, since September 2018, I've continued my research on the development and characterization of aluminum alloys for high-temperature applications as Post-Doctoral fellow at UQAC, Canada, until joining the Dunand research group in January 2021.
My research activities at NU will focus on studying the influence of microstructural evolutions at micro- and nanoscales on the creep resistance of conventionally cast and additively manufactured aluminum alloys for high temperature applications.
- Erasmus Mundus scholarship (EU) for exchange MSc program
- Erasmus Mundus scholarship (EU) for full PhD program
- Mitacs Accelerate scholarship (Canada)
- Best poster presentation award, REGAL STUDENTS' DAY - 2020 (Canada)
- J. Rakhmonov, K. Liu, L. Pan, F. Breton, X. G. Chen, "Enhanced mechanical properties of high-temperature-resistant Al-Cu cast alloy by microalloying with Mg", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 827 (2020) 154305
- J. Rakhmonov, K. Liu, P. Rometsch, N. Parson, X. G. Chen, "Effects of Al(MnFe)Si dispersoids with different sizes and number densities on microstructure and ambient/elevated-temperature mechanical properties of extruded Al-Mg-Si AA6082 alloys with varying Mn content", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, (2020) 157937.
- J. Rakhmonov, K. Liu, X. G. Chen, "Effects of compositional variation on the thermal stability of θ'-Al2Cu precipitates and elevated-temperature strengths in Al-Cu 206 alloys" Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 29 (2020) 7221-7230.
- J. Rakhmonov, K. Liu, P. Rometsch, dN. Parson, X. G. Chen, "Improving the mechanical response of Al-Mg-Si 6082 structural alloys during high-temperature exposure through dispersoid strengthening", Materials, 13(22) (2020) 5295.
- J. Rakhmonov, G. Timelli, A. Fabrizi, F. Bonollo, "Effect of V and Zr Microalloying and Heat Treatment on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Secondary Al-7Si-3Cu-0.3Mg Alloy", International Journal of Materials Research, 109(12) (2018) 1099-1112.
- J. Rakhmonov, G. Timelli, G. Basso, "Interaction of Ca, P trace elements and Sr modification in AlSi5Cu1Mg alloys", Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 133 (2018) 123-133.
- J. Rakhmonov, G. Timelli, F. Bonollo, "Characterization of the solidification path and microstructure of secondary Al-7Si-3Cu-0.3Mg alloys with Zr, V and Ni additions", Materials Characterization, 128 (2017) 100-108.
- J. Rakhmonov, G. Timelli, F. Bonollo, "The effect of transition elements on the high-temperature mechanical properties of Al-Si foundry alloys - A review", Advanced Engineering Materials, 18 (2016) 1096-1105.
- G. Timelli, D. Caliari, J. Rakhmonov, "Influence of process parameters and Sr addition on the microstructure and casting defects of LPDC A356 alloy for engine blocks", Journal of Materials Science and Technology, 32 (2016) 515-523.
- J. Rakhmonov, G. Timelli, F. Bonollo, "Influence of melt superheat, Sr modifier, and Al-5Ti-1B grain refiner on microstructural evoluion of secondary Al-Si-Cu alloys", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 47 (2016) 5510-5521.
- J. Rakhmonov, G. Timelli, F. Bonollo, L. Arnberg, "Influence of grain refiner addition on the precipitation of Fe-rich phases in secondary AlSi7Cu3Mg alloy", International Journal of Metal-casting, 11 (2017) 294-304.