- Dingchang Zhang
- Ph.D. Student
- B.S., Metallurgy, Northeastern University (China)
- M.S., Material Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- M.S., Material Science and Engineering, Northwestern University
- Current project(s):
- 3D Printing of Superconductors
- Phone: 773.865.9150
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2220 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
I grew up in Zhengzhou, a City in the central region of China. I graduated from Northeastern University and got my bachelor's degree in Metallurgy. Then, I went to Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Northwestern University for my dual Master degree in Materials Science and Engineering. My research was focused on Ti-6Al-4V fabricated by Selective Laser Melting and 3D printing of tungsten carbide.
At Northwestern, I am working on 3D printing of Superconductors and High-entropy Alloys for my PhD research.
- Excellent Master's Thesis Prize, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2021
- Zhang D, Kenel C, Dunand DC. Microstructure and Properties of Additively-Manufactured WC-Co Microlattices and WC-Cu Composites. Acta Materialia. 2021 Oct 21:117420.
- Zhang D, Kenel C, Caccia M, Sandhage KH, Dunand DC. Complex-shaped, finely-featured ZrC/W composites via shape-preserving reactive melt infiltration of porous WC structures fabricated by 3-D ink extrusion. Additive Manufacturing Letters. 2021 Oct 30:100018.
- Zhang D, Wang L, Zhang H, Maldar A, Zhu G, Chen W, Park JS, Wang J, Zeng X. Effect of heat treatment on the tensile behavior of selective laser melted Ti-6Al-4V by in situ X-ray characterization. Acta Materialia. 2020 May 1;189:93-104.